Protecting Your Legacy Through An Estate
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.”
– Pericles, General of Athens.
We can help you protect your legacy, avoid conflict and avoid court with a proper estate plan. What constitutes a proper estate plan will differ from one family to the next. Although everyone should have a will, not everyone needs a living trust. Consider a living trust, however, if any of the following apply to you:
- You would like to avoid your financial information from becoming a public probate record.
- You are married with children under 18 years of age.
- You are in a blended family with children from other relationships.
- You are a single parent with a problematic ex who could become conservator for the children and spend their inheritance before they turn 18.
- You are interested in a “Generation-Skipping Transfer (GST) Trust”. During the child’s life, the trust assets are used for the health, education, maintenance and support of the beneficiary. After your child’s death, the assets go to your grandchildren, without taxation to your child’s estate.
- You have assets valued at over $11.58 million, which is the 2020 Federal estate tax exemption.
If you do not have an estate plan, or wish to revise an existing plan, please contact us for a complimentary consultation. We would also be happy to assist you in any business, real estate or asset protection matters.
Estate Planning Services
- Powers of attorney
- Patient advocate designations
- Trust administration
Personalized Estate Plans For Your Life
You’ve worked hard to build your legacy; now let us protect it. Call 248-775-5338 today or send us an email to schedule your first appointment and create an estate plan that works for you and your family.